The law firm of McLean & Howard, L.L.P. is comprised of knowledgeable, experienced and responsive lawyers engaged in a real estate and commercial law practice. The attorneys and staff at M&H all approach the practice of law with a common goal — provide the highest quality legal service available at a fair and reasonable cost to the client.
- Patrick Hudson negotiated a challenging lease for the largest bank in the U.S. The client desired to move its corporate and retail operations from its downtown skyscraper into multiple floors of a historic building. There were five companies on the landlord side, plus several lenders. The parties had a limited window of opportunity to make the deal work, and everyone worked together to fast track a highly customized “win-win” transaction.
- U.S. News & World Reports and Best Lawyers have named McLean & Howard in the 2017 Best Law Firms rankings, in the category of Land Use & Zoning Law and Real Estate Law.
- Jeffrey S. Howard was named one of the Best Lawyers in the 2017 edition of Best Lawyers and U.S. News & World Reports in the area of Land Use & Zoning Law.
- William P. McLean was named one of the Best Lawyers in the 2017 edition of Best Lawyers and U.S. News & World Reports in the area of Real Estate Law.
- We are pleased that Josh Brown has joined the firm as an associate attorney. As a lifelong Austin resident and a graduate of both The University of Texas at Austin and University of Texas School of Law, Josh has observed the changing landscape of Central Texas. His workload involves transactional real estate and land use law. His background in real property, water, and environmental law helps him advise clients on a variety of real estate issues.
- Leslie Keyser helped a client negotiate and structure a pilot project for thermal energy storage. This innovative process is designed to reduce the client’s largest operational utility expense, allowing the client to manage its energy profile using cutting edge technology.
- Congratulations to firm client Jimmy Windham on winning an Austin Business Journal Commercial Real Estate Award for the development of Insys Therapeutics, Inc. in Round Rock. Over 53,000 square feet of space was renovated for a new FDA- and DEA-approved pharmaceutical manufacturing lab. Patrick Hudson represented Mr. Windham and structured a lease to address the unique needs of the tenant, such as specialized finish out, ownership of installed manufacturing equipment, and tightly controlled access to the laboratory. We are especially proud to see this project come to market because it allows the tenant to ramp up production of special cancer pain medications.
- William McLean represented the developer of a large, residential subdivision and successfully navigated a critical approval for utility service for the project. Mr. McLean also handled the preparation and submittal of a master development plan for the project with Travis County.
- William McLean represented the purchaser of a major, master-planned community in Central Texas on matters involving property entitlements and development feasibility analysis. The project involved two development agreements, utility agreements, and a strategic partnership agreement with the local municipality. Mr. McLean worked in conjunction with the developer’s general counsel and project manager resulting in the approval for purchase by the developer and the closing of the property.
- Jeffrey Howard was appointed to the Board of Directors of the Downtown Austin Alliance.