The law firm of McLean & Howard, LLP is comprised of knowledgeable, experienced and responsive lawyers engaged in a real estate and commercial law practice. The attorneys and staff at M&H all approach the practice of law with a common goal — provide the highest quality legal service available at a fair and reasonable cost to the client.
- U.S. News Media Group and Best Lawyers have named McLean & Howard in the 2013 Best Law Firms rankings, in the category of Land Use & Zoning Law.
- In January 2013 Michael Cihock represented a national homebuilder in its acquisition of one-half of the remaining finished single-family home sites, all remaining existing condominium units, declarant rights and to-be-built condominium units, and utility reimbursement rights in the Twin Creeks development along with the homebuilder's subsequent disposition of a portion of the reimbursement rights to a third-party builder.
- Jeffrey S. Howard and Katie Van Dyk were recognized in December 2012 for Outstanding Service by the Real Estate Council of Austin (RECA) for their contributions to RECA's efforts in connection with Texas Attorney General Opinion No. GA-0980. This significant Opinion determined that the City of Austin's Project Duration Ordinance limiting vested rights is contrary to Texas law.
- William P. McLean and Caroline Simon represented the developer in the restructuring of governance and club membership documents for a 900-acre golf-course community in Williamson County. Mr. McLean and Ms. Simon also prepared and coordinated the closing and transactional documents for three builders' lot takedown agreements within the same community.
- Patrick Hudson represented the purchasers of two self-storage facilities totaling 170,000 square feet, through a CMBS loan and conventional financing.
- In 2012, William P. McLean completed three major land use entitlements with the City of Bee Cave including a development agreement for a large, master-planned community, a P.U.D. for a new commercial project, and a P.U.D. revision for a mixed-use commercial project.
- Katie Van Dyk recently joined our firm as a real estate associate. Katie's practice focuses on land use, real estate development, and real estate transactions. She earned a law degree from Tulane University Law School and a B.B.A. in Finance from The University of Texas. We are pleased to have her back in Austin and rejoining our team.
- Jeffrey S. Howard was named one of the Best Lawyers in the 2013 edition of The Best Lawyers in America in the area of Land Use & Zoning Law. www.bestlawyers.com.
- We are pleased to announce that Judy Yhu has joined our team as a paralegal. Judy has 19 years of Austin legal experience, working on real estate law, estate planning, probate, and business law. She is a Certified Paralegal by the National Association of Legal Assistants and Board Certified Paralegal - Real Estate Law by the Texas Board of Legal Specialization. We are very pleased to have her on our team.
- Patrick Hudson represented JPMorgan Chase Bank in the acquisition of a high-visibility banking site at the Domain in Austin. The property was acquired from Simon Property Group, and was encumbered by over 170 unique title documents. As part of the transaction, McLean & Howard reviewed thousands of pages of title materials, and negotiated numerous risk concessions in favor of the buyer.
- William P. McLean recently completed work on the purchase and sale of a major master-planned community project in Travis County. The project transactions included a development agreement with the City of Bee Cave, Texas, an agreement with the LCRA for the extension of wastewater to the site, an agreement with the Lake Travis I.S.D., and the establishment of a municipal utilities district, all of which involved the services of McLean & Howard.
- Jeffrey S. Howard recently represented Cirrus Logic, Inc. in the acquisition of its downtown Austin office campus.
- William P. McLean represented a developer in a complex transaction involving the sale of the commercial portion of a master planned community, including sale and post closing development documents as well as the negotiation and completion of a complex utility agreement with the water and wastewater provider for the site.
Representative Client Testimonial:
"The attorneys of McLean & Howard, LLP are an important part of our team. We bring them in at the inception of our projects because of their prudent advice, and their ability to help us reduce our risks. They have been very helpful with complicated CCR and escrow projects as well as commercial condominiums, acquisitions, dispositions, leases and entity creation. They really care about us, and how we're doing as a company, and we know that when we have an urgent issue arise, they will be responsive and accessible and meet our deadlines."